A) Shuttle service for listed hotels, downtown and old town:
We will be providing a shuttle bus service to participants staying at certain hotels & areas of Istanbul to bring you to the different venues free of charge in the morning and return you to the hotel at the end of the day on each day of OpenLivingLab Days.
The following three hotels will be serviced by the free shuttle bus:
- Holiday Inn İstanbul Airport: book here
- WOW Airport Hotel: book here
- Hampton by Hilton Kayaşehir Hotel: book here
Pick up points in downtown for the free shuttle bus:
- Atatürk Culture Center, near the Marmara Hotel
(41°02′ 12.52”N, 28 59′ 14.73” E see here on the map)
- Opposite side of the road of the Radison Blu Hotel
(41°01′ 51.53”N, 28 58′ 19.28” E see here on the map)
- Beşiktaş, behind the Shangri La Hotel, on sea front
(41°02′ 26.38”N, 29 00′ 21.17” E see here on the map)
Pick up point in the old town for the free shuttle bus:
- İşpark Otoparking Place, near Beyazıt Mosque
(41°01′ 00.34”N, 28 57′ 50.50” E see here on the map)
Please find more information about the hotels here.
Further information about exact schedules will be available soon.
B) If you are not using the shuttle service:
1. From Old Town and Down Town to Başakşehir Living-Lab:
Public Transport (PT) would take around 90-100 minutes by bus or metro. Best is to take a Taxi.
Cost would be around 25-30 €.
2. From Old Town and Down Town to Conference Center (ICC):
PT would take 25-30 minutes from Old Town. By taxi it would take 10-15 mins and cost ~10 €.
ICC is walking distance from Down Town.
3. From Old Town and Down Town to BAU (University):
PT would take 30-35 minutes from Old Town. By taxi it would take 20-25 mins and cost ~10 €.
BAU is 15-20 min by PT from Down Town and 10-15 mins by taxi. Taxi would cost around 5-8 €.
C) For more information about using public transport in Istanbul, useAPP:
-Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.yandex.metro&hl=en