What is Living Lab?
A Living Lab is an environment in which any development in a field of study can be tested and applied with real users in a real life environment. These environments can be cities, universities, public parks, agricultural lands etc. The environment needed is selected depending on the product in development.
There are various techniques and methods used in order to develop products in Living-Lab environments. While these methods are used in order to get the results of higher level researches, techniques in question are specific procedures that are used in order to gather data.
BAŞAKŞEHİR INNOVATION AND TECHNOLOGY CENTER
1. BAŞAK ŞEHİR LIVING LAB USER EXPERIENCE CENTER
It is an environment in which new technological products and servicesare shared with users, public or companies and feedback is gathered. It can be used by entrepreneurs and our partners. In addition to the Showroom, User Experience Center has also a seminar room and a design experiment zone which includes 3D printers.
2. BAŞAKŞEHİR LIVING LAB INCUBATOR CENTER
It is an office and workshop environment which provides necessary hardware, software and equipment for enterprenuers and startups with creative ideas. In addition to a workspace that is designed as an openoffice with a capacity of 75 people, there is also an electronics lab, a design factory, a conference hall, workshops and meeting rooms.
3. SOCIAL SPACE
Social space which is a green area can be found on the top floor of the building and serves social events and dining.
BAŞAKŞEHİR LIVING LAB FOCUS AREAS
There are ongoing studies on information technologies and design in Başakşehir Living Lab. Their primary focus areas are as follows:
Smart Life, Smart City Planning
Smart Education and Information Technologies Education
Renewable and Smart Energy Systems
Information Technologies and Software
BAŞAKŞEHİR LIVING LAB – ADDED VALUES
• Increase in innovations with commercial success,
• Incubation environment for startups and entrepreneurs,
• Development & Experience of high value added Products and
services in ICT and Industrial Design
• An alternative and new marketing channel for entrepreneurs,
• Decrease in R&D costs,
• Contribution to the national economy in terms of added value,
• Increase in time to market speed and proliferation of smart services
in local and governmental services,
• Contribution to the public awareness in the are of ICT,
• Increase in brand value of partners,
BAŞAKŞEHİR LIVIN LAB – ADVANTAGES AND PRIVILEGES
• To be a part of a vast ecosystem that prioritizes technology and
• To be able to market products and services in an international,
• To be able to follow the achievements in information technologies
• To have the chance to develop products & services for companies
at a national and international level,
• To have an opportunity of developing & experimenting smart
solutions for new settlement areas that are being established,
• To be able to work in an environment of advanced technological
infrastructure and facilities,
• To have a first-hand access to the products and services
developed in Başakşehir Living Lab environment,
• To be able to test products and services with real users in a real
life environment and to be able to get feedbacks